Saturday, May 5, 2007

Preparations are underway for the Fulbright Exchange. I know that in Münster I will be bicycling much of the time. Apparently this is THE way to get around in Münster. There are special bike ways everywhere. I am imagining myself bicycling through the pedestrian zone of the city on my way to Gymnasium Paulinum. I most definitely will acquire raingear. Flavia could bicycle to Patrick Henry High School. Andy will see that she has a bicycle.
Wouldn't it be fun to shop by bicycle as well. No more parking hassles!

5 comments:

Ms.Pauchnick said...

Judy,
Well, you will be in outstanding shape after riding a bicycle all year. What great exercise! Will your bike have a basket on it so you can carry all your papers you need to grade with you???? :-)

Happy traveling!
Candy

Ms.Pauchnick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms.Pauchnick said...

Judy,
The reason I deleted my 2nd posted message is because it was the same as the first message. I didn't realize I submitted it twice. When I deleted it the spot still remains where I had posted the message but just doesn't show any message. I thought that looked confusing so I'm explaining what I did in this post.
Candy

Lyn Dillin said...

Hi Judy
You would love our little town of 7800 people here in Sebastopol, north of San Francisco about 50 miles. We are surrounded by orchards and vineyards and redwoods, and the old railroad rights of way have been turned into walking/biking trails. I do the bulk of my errands, banking & shopping on foot or by bike. I can peddle up through the oaks to a fruit stand for fresh produce, and keep going through pasturelands to the Russian River, buying blueberries where they grow along the way ~ love, Jeri Lyn Dillin

carol lazarus said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful day to day experiences. Reading your blog reiterates my desire to follow in your footsteps and do a Fullbright one of these years! Vieles gluck and alles beste! Carol